Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality
Engineering with Excellence
We aspire to reach zero incidents, zero harm to people, and zero damage to the environment. In support of this, we take a proactive HSEQ attitude to risk management by continually reviewing, monitoring, and managing our procedures and work instructions for the protection of health, personal safety, and environmental quality.
Safety by Design
The safety of our personnel, the environment and the local community is Benthic’s primary concern. That’s exactly why safety has been designed into Benthic’s technology and operating procedures. Portable Remotely Operated Drill (PROD) operates on the seabed and is controlled remotely from a vessel—making it inherently safer than a traditional drillship.
Caring for the Environment
PROD operates in remote locations and often extreme conditions surrounded by fragile marine ecosystems. Benthic actively works to mitigate any potential impact of our work to these sensitive areas and understands the importance of responsible stewardship of our environment.
Benthic Safety Performances in 2018
Benthic has robust, independently audited, and certified systems that support our core values and safe work practices. View the certifications by clicking each title below:
Quality Beyond Compare
Excellence is always the goal
We strive to deliver the highest standards of service quality on every project. We combine technological excellence with rigorous processes and a solutions-driven approach to meeting customer needs. The result is an industry-leading service tailored to your specific project objectives.
Quality through Innovation
- PROD’s seabed-based drilling unit provides a highly stable and controlled platform, enabling our team to make precise tool adjustments and collect extremely accurate data.
- PROD carries a wide selection of tools allowing for the highest sample quality and most consistent sample recovery in the industry.
- A controlled seabed landing with advanced visual and sensor instrumentation allows us to position PROD with extreme accuracy for optimal data collection. PROD’s distinctive footings distribute the load away from the drilling and test center, allowing us to take samples from the mud line with no artificial surcharge of the seabed.
- Benthic strives to understand our customer’s project needs and requirements so that we safely deliver the highest quality services.
- We welcome you to submit our customer satisfaction form to provide feedback! This allows us to continuously improve as your preferred geotechnical services provider.
Our Policies Create the Standard
Health and safety are our number one objectives
Our Policies Downloads
View the policies below
“Benthic delivered a safe, competent and cost effective sampling and testing scope. A number of technical challenges and testing schedule changes were positively managed and mitigated to fully meet our requirements. I would have no hesitation in recommending Benthic.”
"Benthic’s performance during the investigation was both professional and efficient with minimal downtime. The Scarborough investigation presented a number of technical challenges which included remote operations and conditions associated with a Marine Park license. The focus on health and safety by both Benthic and vessel personnel helped to deliver this outstanding result. All operations metrics were achieved and the preliminary geotechnical data quality received is excellent."
"Benthic successfully completed the work scope safely and efficiently despite difficult geotechnical and logistical challenges in the USVI shortly after Hurricane Irma. PROD collected high quality data samples in difficult soil conditions, along steep seabed slopes. We were satisfied with overall project outcome and look forward to working with Benthic on future projects."
"PROD1 performance exceeded all expectations with more than 700m of sampling, PCPT, Ball Penetrometer Testing and Piezometer installation conducted within 10 days, distributed over 8 locations 3-30km apart, in 1300m water depths."